Sunday, May 29, 2005

Wow...what a cunning title.

Bah...house sitting for my folks for a while, so been offline, finally managed to get on with dial up tho, so thats SOMETHING. Yeah, yeah, I know there are children starving in the world, but the point is, I'm not, so the next thing I need after food and shelter is broadband!

Having said that, shock horror, I've dared to invest in my first MMORPG, or chatroom with a game attached, as they should be known. At least thats how I always viewed them, being ignorant and never having really played one! Now of course, I have got hold of World of Warcraft, and I have to say, it is very enjoyable, and amazingly, I can play it thru dial up! even when I only connect at 33.6k! ok, it gets a lil laggy in places, but in general, its still fully playable, even at latency of around 700-1000, and I'm generally hanging around the 300-400 area, which isnt bad. Having said that, when I return home it will mean that I can join in the live chat fun and connect my headset, as I'm not going to dare attempt to put voice streaming strain on my tiny connection. A multitude of tiny lil things have impressed me, just like running around with the usual WASD keys, and being able to type chat messages with W held down to continue running to my destination. More later, anyway, I may add a loada posts, just to catch up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's it, we've lost you forever! I must pop over and witness it though! ;)

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home