Friday, October 21, 2005

If you like comedy...

Maybe I should throw out a few names I've picked up on over the past few months.

Firstly, Mitch Hedberg.
Sadly he died March 30 this year, relatively unknown in the UK. I would place him somewhere between Eddie Izzard and Steven Wright, with perhaps a touch of Emo Philips, but he still had a style and delivery all his own.

A few of his lines that came to mind, and I imagine this is the sorta thing that shows up in email inboxes regularly, but hey, would be nice if the guy got some credit for it!

"It's kinda depressing, I've been playing tennis, but I've realised no matter how hard I train and practice, I'll never be as good as...a wall."
"I find that ducks' opinion of me is largely based on whether or not I have bread."
"So Advil tablets have a sugar coating, and it says on the packet...'Do not take more than 2' If you dont want me to take more than 2, do not put a sugar coating on those things"
"I imagine if you know morse code, tap dancers must drive you nuts."
"We have this classy bread over here, Petteridge Farm bread, its wrapped twice. Hell I won't buy that, because I don't need another step between me and toast."
"I haven't slept for 10 days...because....that would be too long."
"So where are all the 'during' photos, anyway?"
"Bigfoot just is blurry, its not the photographer's fault"
"You know when people are showing you photos of themselves? 'Hey, this is me when I was younger' 'Hey dummy, all photos of you are of when you were younger."
"traffic lights, yellow means hold on, green means go, but bananas are the exact opposite...red means where you get that banana at?"
"I'm against picketing, but I dunno how to show it"

I'll add more as , if, and when I think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home