Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ok, I'm back again, ish

So I'm being forced at gunpoint...almost to finally update my blog, I have fink behind me.
The high point of my existence still seems to be World of Warcraft, and I think that there's a few reasons I'm still in it.

Firstly, as some Blizzard bigwig, I believe said in an interview 'Whats the worst thing sbout WoW?' ' The players' ' oh, and the best thing?' ' the players!'

Secondly, From back in my Diablo days, I realised Blizzard are pretty good about servers etc, hell, they were doing their battle net servers for free for Diablo 2/Warcraft 3 etc, so I knew they probably wouldn't screw up WoW when they were getting around £9 a month from each player.
They have not disappointed, either, as well as usually a trouble free service,( sure, people moan, on the occasional downtimes, but that's because people always moan more than they compliment, especially if they're paying!) On top of this, they're constantly adding new servers, new areas, items, etc, etc.

Thirdly, damn, the game doesnt take itself too seriously! From the hordes of in-jokes, Hin Denburg, the zeppelin master, and Innkeepers Norman and Bates, to the rather silly items and quests, the funny emotes, like the pointless /train, which has you pumping your arm in the air going 'wooo woo chugga chugga', and the jumper cables, made with engineering skills, that give you a chance to shock a player back to life..'Clear! ZZZT! clear!'

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jinx, turn on the verification code to stop spam comments, it's in "settings"...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home