Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Guitar Hero

Well, I had a decent win from a small flutter on a fruit machine, (which was foolish anyway, usually I can't justify a £2 gamble!).

So I could invest it in paying off bills early or filling the freezer to give myself some breathing space.

Or I could be completely irresponsible and spend it on something stupid and pointless, and I think you know which way this is going to go...

Yes! Guitar Hero! That HUGE box has been enticing me in Game and Gamestation and online since its release date, but there's just been no way in hell I could justify the expense of buying a new video game. (especially as, because it comes with its own controller, its £50 instead of the usual £40.)

Having said that, I filled the nice man in Game's hand with a rather large pile of pound coins and a single £20, ( it was that or go to gamestation for a 'preowned' one, and given the lifespan of gaming peripherals, and given the fact that it was £42! yes, £42 for a second hand one. A 90 day guarantee is worth the extra £8 in my opinion.)

I went down to visit Fink with my shiny new toy, and plugged in and got started. The overwhelming thing I noticed about Guitar Hero, on playing it for the first time, is the huge difference between the way you look (a bit of a tool, to be honest) and the way you feel when you do well (which is bloody amazing!).

First attempt and it was awful, after about ten minutes tho, it all fell into place, and I was getting 4 star ratings on the 'easy' mode. Now I've got it home and I've put a few hours into it and I'm regularly clearing most of the medium level songs, although I'm struggling a little with the fast fretwork on 'Crossroads' by Cream, and checking the forum, it seems to be a sticking point for quite a few people.

Hard mode and expert, well, its a long way off I think, and involves learning some advanced techniques.

Something to look forward to, though, Guitar Hero II is released in November I believe, and comes with a second guitar, and 55 songs! Guns n Roses has been confirmed, along with Anthrax and quite a few other big names, and I'm pleased to see Primus on the list, too.
It'll also be nice to team up with another player to go on lead and rhythm or lead and bass guitar, (if I can find anyone that would dare to actually have a go! pansies, the lot of you!).

Anyway, its been nice to take my mind of WoW and real life for a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bet you Tim would give you a run for your money! And I've broken my finger, not my fault I couldn't have a go!!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home