Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shock Horror Exclusive! Disney in 'Not awful' movie scare!


Now, dont panic, I am not saying that when I went to see 'Sky high' it was an amazing movie to rival 'The Godfather', but my heart sank when the Disney logo appeared at the start (I hadn't realised) especially with it being a live action movie, as at least Pixar have managed to shoehorn some enjoyment for the over 5's into some of their CGI extravaganzas.

Now, as Mr Burns himself said 'I may not know about art, but I know what I hate...and..I don't hate this!'

What I am not sure about is why I liked it, as it seems to tick all the boxes for a good wholesome teen Disney movie, although I reckon the mighty Bruce Campbell will always increase my estimation of a movie's worth, and a couple of the 'Kids in the Hall', although now pushing their mid 30's surely, (Damn, just looked, the first one I checked was born in '63, so mid 40's!...Another sign of Actors in their 20's playing teens I guess) still make me smile, as I keep expecting them to be 'crushing your head.' Of course, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about unless you happened to catch their show, which was an import from Canada, and if I remember rightly , shown at the prime slot of about 3am on a Wednesday night on ITV. Oh and just for fun, they've pulled Lynda Carter (of 'Wonder Woman' Fame) out of retirement to play the school's Principal.

Anyway 'Sky high' is, in case you haven't seen the ads, about a school for kids with super powers, similar to X-Men, but not so serious. Hell, see it, so long as you go jut expecting a fairly enjoyable 90 minutes, you won't be disappointed, it's not X-men 3, but then at least its not Spy Kids 3 in 4D either!

Oh and one more, purely because I've found you can only post 5 pics at a time in Blogger...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do a Google for "Flickr Uploader" or look under tools, you can upload any number of pics at once using that tool... :)

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home