Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wayne Rooney injury...

Firstly, why would I care, football does nothing for me.

But I cant understand, are the media telling me our national stands or falls on one player?

How many premiership teams do we have? as a newbie to football, my understanding is there's 11 players to a side, and there's about 20 or so teams in the Premiership, can we really not find a replacement for Wayne Rooney that is nearly as good?

Surely for our national team, with so many players, we must have 12, hell, maybe even 13 good players?

As a bonus, if Wayne Rooney isn't earning, it might cut down on his girlfriend's clothes shopping, too.

I don't wish to appear rude, but HOW did she become a 'style icon' after months of ridicule?

It's just that, as someone that doesn't follow fashion, I firmly believe you could get me drunk, blindfold me, and cover me in velcro, and I could pick out a better outfit than her.

Now, it may seem unfair me having a go, when I'm always complaining about how the media picks holes or idolises 'famous' people on a whim, when they've generally done nothing 'good' or 'bad' to deserve it, but there's a reason for that, I'm a hypocrite, so you can all just move along now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The sad fact is - most of the best players in the premiership are going to be playing for other national teams...

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let’s all show The Roon some support. Have a look at Roonometer.co.uk :

www.roonometer.co.uk

Here you can get the latest Rooney news from all over the web, check the Roonometer, send Wayne a good luck message and loads more…

We want Wayne on The World Cup Plane!!!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Footballer is gay

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pleased that Rooney is going to be playing... ;)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home