Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WOW (World of Warcraft) - The Burning Crusade launch on 16th.

So, I've been on the game regularly, and I've been keeping an eye on the forums...

Damn, you lot need to quit whining!

Sure, I know I'm not short of the occasional complaint about all sorts of issues, ok, I'm a professional moaner of the highest order, but damn, for something that hasn't even happened yet, it seems there is a vast amount of bad feeling about this, so I guess I need to tackle a few of the main topics of debate.

  1. 'Oh no, it's going to be really busy on the first day!' Yes it is, shut your face. Take a day or two off and come back and get on with enjoying the game.
  2. 'Oh no, We're getting Blood Elves, we're the horde and we don't want elves.' It's a new skin and that's about all, so unless you're the 0.1% who actually play on a roleplay server AND actually roleplay, then you don't get to say what other people choose to look like.
  3. 'Oh no, the other faction is getting Paladins/Shamans.' So, both sides have a balanced choice of classes now? that's bad..how?
  4. 'Oh no, there's going to be a tidal wave of noobs!' Firstly, there actually was a day when YOU didnt know where the auction house or the mailboxes were. Secondly, 90% of the level 1 Blood Elf Paladins and Draenei Shamans are going to be 2 year veterans of the game. Thirdly, how are new players bad? I'm running a newbie based guild and most of the new players I've met have been a far better class of players than half of the 60's wandering around thinking they're king of the world. Try HELPING occasionally, and maybe you'll get something back, huh?
  5. 'The in game economy is gonna be shot to hell.' Great, means I can finally make a profit, and so can my guildies on the shedloads of new players in need of lower grade stuff while all you end game daily raiders can sell your epics at reduced prices to my level 60 alts.
Sure there's probably more, but that covers it for now. I'll see you there on the 16th, for 2 and a half minutes before the whole thing crashes to hell for the whole day, and then I'll see you all on the 17th.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home