Saturday, September 01, 2007

Guitar Hero III Track List revealed - and it could be the greatest ever (for me)

I'll be amazed if anyone even notices this, as I haven't posted anything for like 4 months, and I sense I'm probably going to fill about 4 pages in a flurry of hero worship.

Due at the end of October, and anyone that knows me knows I've loved the first 2 in the series, although I found the 80's expansion somewhat weak, comparatively (although still excellent).

There has just been another big release of tracks due to be in the third game, and anyone of mine or Fink's age and into metal should love it!

Black Magic Woman - Santana
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
One - Metallica
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Raining_Blood - Slayer
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
School's Out - Alice Cooper
She Bangs the Drums - The Stone Roses
Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'N' Roses

Of course, with the last few games, I've liked 5 or 6 tracks, then on actually playing the game realised I know and love about 90% of the track listing, but I only knew tracks like 'that ridiculously fast one from Pulp Fiction' and not Dick Dale - Mirislou, and 'That tune from 'Top Gear, off the telly', and not The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica.

There's 45 in total, but they are the highlights for me so far, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping they don't trim down the PS2 version, as GH 1 and 2 managed 50+ tracks no problem, so it will be a cynical move of 'Halo 2 for Vista' proportions if they choose to make the PS2 version a weaker one (although I can understand them leaving out online play, downloadable content etc.
Just gimme the rock dammit!

It seems the game franchise is finally being taken 'seriously' if that is the right word by both the bands and the music industry, not only are they attracting bigger and more influential bands, but over half are supplying master tracks to use in game, instead of Harmonix needing to record an in-house cover version. Although in my opinion, Harmonix did an excellent job of their covers, of course people will prefer the original! Hell some bands have visited Harmonix and re-recorded their track for use in the game, as Primus did for GH2.

Also, they're adding Boss Battles, against the likes of GNR's Slash, and some other 'mystery' guitarists, and adding some evil power ups to a multiplayer mode.

This will also come with a wireless controller for all systems, with the Wii version having a space to insert the wiimote, and all guitars having a removable neck for travel/storage purposes, so I'll be sorely tempted to go for a copy with a second guitar now!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jinkels

Great to have you back - send me your email address and I'll give you our home no's

Monday, September 03, 2007 9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home